Software Engineer, Money Movements
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
While this is a remote position, this person needs to be based in Spain.
We are looking for a highly motivated Software Engineer to join our Financial Platforms team and design and build systems that will allow Affirm to keep up to date with its merchants while dealing with financial stakeholders using industry-level standards.
In this role you will contribute mainly to the new Settlements system, which will allow Affirm to bring additional value to its merchants with better financial risk management as well as integrating with other Affirm instruments.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with Product managers on building streamlined batch tasks and beautiful APIs to keep funds moving to the right place.
- Mentor engineers on the team to help improve their designs, code quality, and testing.
- Develop a deep understanding of the funds flows in financial services.
- Build relationships and engage with management and coworkers across the USA and Europe.
- Partner with a diverse set of engineering teams who build financial products and perform financial transactions at Affirm.
What We Look For
- 2- 6+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Fluency in JVM-related back end development.
- Familiarity with Kotlin, AWS, and Kubernetes is a plus.
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining consumer scale products.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
We are able to offer visa sponsorship for this role, but do require that someone is based in Spain for the role.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of hire.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Something looks off?