Devops Engineer (Service Infrastructure)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm’s Service Infrastructure team is building a large-scale, massively distributed, fault-tolerant global infrastructure shared across multiple financial products, merchants and vendors. Ensuring that our infrastructure is transparently available to engineers and scales efficiently to stay ahead of business growth is a critical part of Affirm’s success story. Service infrastructure organization is responsible for building and scaling foundational infrastructure across multiple AWS regions, Multi-region/DR strategy, Kubernetes (K8s) fleet management, Capacity Engineering, Observability and SRE to enable high availability and reliability for Affirm partners and customers. We pride ourselves on our culture across engineering design, architecture, writing detailed tech specs and automating running large scale operations via code.
We are looking to hire a DevOps Engineer for the Service Infrastructure team. This is a mission-critical role of ensuring our large-scale infrastructure systems are healthy, automated, and designed to scale. You will be partnering closely with the product and platform engineering teams to maintain a high availability and reliability SLAs for Affirm services. We are looking for engineers with strong coding or operations background and a passion for scalable and resilient cloud infrastructure, who pride themselves in creating self-healing, resilient, and secure infrastructure.
What you see below is a team spec - do not worry if you don't fit all the criteria. We are looking for Cloud and Site Reliability engineers that can work together as a DevOps team and provide the best solutions for other engineers at Affirm.
What You’ll Do
- Design, create and expand monitoring and visibility systems to ensure the stability of our team's services.
- Analyze, and review internal Affirm applications to design and implement improvements.
- Manage infrastructure using best practices of infrastructure as a code
- Provide self-service solutions for Affirm engineers to streamline their work
- Write high-quality, testable, and easily digestible code that will serve as best practice templates.
- Review others’ code and designs and provide constructive feedback to meet our high-quality standards.
- Serve as a technical resource across engineering, especially in guiding product development teams in areas of performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Provide daily and on-call support to other engineering teams.
- Optimize Affirm systems and code for cost efficiency, security, and compliance.
What We Look For
- 2+ years of experience
- Proven coding or scripting skills, preferably Python, Golang or Kotlin
- Strong knowledge of Kubernetes
- Experience in the public cloud (preferably AWS)
- Design and development of highly available systems (99.99%+ SLA)
- Infrastructure as a code - preferably Terraform
- Mentoring and enabling other engineers
- Extensive knowledge of monitoring solutions (e.x. Prometheus, ELK)
- Cloud cost management
- Eager to learn new things and have a growth mindset.
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical field.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 18,842 -23,550 PLN
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of hire.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Something looks off?