Engineering Manager (Developer Productivity)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Do you enjoy leading teams and having a hand in every line of code written by a 1000 person engineering organization? The Developer Productivity Engineering team may be for you. Our purpose is to make the development experience better for every engineer at Affirm. We provide development tooling, pre-production environments, and everything else that makes writing, testing, building and deploying software easy and efficient. We strive to provide outstanding "code/test/debug" inner development loop experiences and a safe, efficient "PR to Production" outer development loop. Our work enables the company to deliver features to our customers faster with higher quality as we grow.
What You'll Do
- Lead the vision, strategy and roadmap for a part of our modern, simple and friendly inner loop for developers at Affirm
- Provide leadership and technical oversight for a team of up to 7 engineers in Poland
- Be the face of Developer Productivity for all Poland engineers
- Partner with Product, ML, and Infrastructure engineering to understand the experiences and needs of their team's edit/test/debug cycle.
- Stay on top of industry trends for developer efficiency and establish yourself as a domain authority at Affirm
- Cultivate an environment of technical excellence, humility, and continual improvement to form a team that can successfully take on complex challenges across multiple technical domains
- Hire, and retain a diverse and exceptional group of engineers and foster inclusivity and belonging
What We Look For
- Proficiency with code reviews and ability to understand the details of software development to guide your team on best practices and technical implementation decisions
- Desire to engage with customers and execute the product development and software development lifecycle
- Experience in crafting and improving software products and services
- Passion to make an outstanding experience through the products your teams build
- Proficiency in leading teams of developers to deliver on objectives and grow their skills
- Expertise in turning technical requirements, designs, trade-offs, and capabilities into clear decisions
- Leadership skill to communicate decisions across multiple teams in a timely manner
- Track record of successfully hiring to establish engineering teams
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 25,791 - 32,233 PLN
- Type of employment: Contract of Employment
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
- This role is eligible for creative tax benefits, subject to applicable law and company policy
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
**This job description is not a contractual document, and is not intended to have binding force.**
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and you can work almost anywhere within the country of hire.
We have a simple and transparent remote-first grade-based compensation structure. Offer amounts within the range are based on a number of factors including but not limited to job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Across the broader organization, certain roles are eligible for equity awards upon hire, promotion, tenure milestones and for performance.
We’re extremely proud to offer competitive benefits that are anchored to our core value of people come first. Some key highlights of our benefits package include:
- Health care coverage - Affirm covers all premiums for all levels of coverage for you and your dependents
- Flexible Spending Wallets - generous stipends for spending on Technology, Food, various Lifestyle needs, and family forming expenses
- Time off - competitive vacation and holiday schedules allowing you to take time off to rest and recharge
- ESPP - An employee stock purchase plan enabling you to buy shares of Affirm at a discount
We believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Something looks off?