Data Governance Lead
Who We Are
Addepar is a global technology and data company that helps investment professionals provide the most informed, precise guidance for their clients. Hundreds of thousands of users have trusted Addepar to empower smarter investment decisions and better advice over the last decade. With client presence in more than 40 countries, Addepar’s platform aggregates portfolio, market and client data for over $4.5 trillion in assets. Addepar’s open platform integrates with more than 100 software, data and services partners to deliver a complete solution for a wide range of firms and use cases. Addepar embraces a global flexible workforce model with offices in Silicon Valley, New York City, Salt Lake City, Chicago, London, Dublin, Edinburgh, Scotland and Pune, India.
Addepar is hiring a Data Governance Lead to help build and drive adoption of our Data Governance framework to coordinate the way we collect, use and protect data. This role will collaborate with teams across the organization, and define and implement data dictionaries, security & compliance classifications, and other key artifacts, as well as define processes and tools to ensure our data principles are correctly implemented.
What You’ll Do
- Help establish the data governance framework, including principles, methodologies, processes & metrics to ensure data quality
- Promote adherence to data governance across the enterprise, driving business growth outcomes, as well as mitigating risk.
- Coordinate with Legal, Risk, Engineering and Business teams to ensure compliance with key data privacy requirements around Personal Identifying Information (PII).
- Partner with Engineering teams to implement a suite of data governance tools including a data catalogue, data lineage and data protection solutions
- Lead day to day oversight of the data governance program
- Develop processes and procedures to maintain the Data Catalogue, to profile, discover and categorize data elements, bringing insight to internal partners
Who You Are
- Adept at aligning data governance priorities to business strategy to establish data governance as an enabler of sustainable business growth
- 3-5 years experience in implementing data governance programs in an asset management, banking or trading environment
- Knowledge of GPDR, CCPA or similar regulations governing data privacy
- Act Like an Owner - Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together - Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients - Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation - Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning - Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.