Tax Accounting Manager
Who We Are
Addepar’s purpose is to maximize the positive impact of the world’s capital. More than 850 of the world’s leading financial services firms trust Addepar to unlock the power and possibility of informed, data-driven investing and advice. These family offices, wealth managers, banks and institutions use Addepar’s tech and data platform to deliver exceptional value to their clients in a modern, scalable and secure way.
Our clients use Addepar to manage and advise on more than $4 trillion in assets. Our board and investors are some of the best in the business: D1 Capital, WestCap, 8VC and Valor Equity Partners have led our last few rounds.
We’re now expanding Addepar’s business around the globe, with clients in more than 30 countries. We’re constantly doubling down on tech- and data-fueled innovation, and our product and platform roadmap is more ambitious today than ever. We place our clients at the center of everything we do, and see a virtually unlimited set of opportunities to expand our client footprint and deepen the value we can unlock by building together.
Addepar is a Forbes Fintech 50 company and an honored member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar embraces a global flexible workforce model with offices in Silicon Valley, New York City, Salt Lake City, Chicago, London, England, Edinburgh, Scotland and Pune, India.
As a Corporate Tax Accountant, you will play a crucial role in ensuring compliance with tax regulations and optimizing our organization's tax strategy. Your primary responsibility will be to prepare and review sales tax returns, state annual reports, property tax, rent tax, VAT tax returns, and review income tax returns from our external tax advisors. Additionally, perform tax planning and provide tax-related guidance to management. You will work closely with internal teams, external tax advisors, external auditors, and tax authorities to ensure accurate and timely reporting. This position requires strong analytical skills, attention to detail, and up-to-date knowledge of tax laws and regulations.
Addepar takes a market-based approach to pay. A successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on the role, job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target base salary for roles in Colorado, California, and New York.
The current range for this role is $94,000 - $175,000 + bonus + equity + benefits.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process. Additionally, these ranges reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
What You’ll Do
- Prepare and review sales tax returns, ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local sales tax laws and regulations.
- Review federal, state, and local corporate tax returns prepared from our external tax advisors, ensuring compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Conduct sales tax research to interpret sophisticated tax laws, identify potential sales tax savings opportunities, and ensure sales tax compliance.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather vital financial data and information required for tax filings and audits.
- Assist in tax planning initiatives, including identifying tax optimization strategies, analyzing tax implications of business decisions, and recommending tax-efficient structures.
- Stay up-to-date with changes in tax legislation and regulations, and assess their impact on the organization's tax position.
- Supervise and reconcile tax accounts, prepare tax accruals, and maintain tax-related documentation.
- Respond to inquiries and correspondence from tax authorities, resolving any tax-related issues or disputes.
- Coordinate with external auditors, providing vital documentation and explanations.
- Collaborate with the finance and accounting teams to ensure accurate and timely recording of tax-related transactions and provisions.
Who You Are
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field. A Master's degree in Taxation or CPA qualification is a plus.
- Confirmed experience working as a corporate tax accountant
- In-depth knowledge of federal, state, and local tax regulations and their application to corporate entities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret complex tax laws and apply them to business scenarios.
- Proficiency in tax preparation software and financial accounting systems.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in tax calculations and reporting.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, to interact with internal teams, external auditors, and tax authorities.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong ethics and integrity, maintaining confidentiality and professionalism in handling sensitive tax information.
- Continuous learning approach to stay updated with changes in tax laws and regulations.
- 4 - 10 years of professional tax experience.
- Act Like an Owner - Think and operate with intention, purpose and care. Own outcomes.
- Build Together - Collaborate to unlock the best solutions. Deliver lasting value.
- Champion Our Clients - Exceed client expectations. Our clients’ success is our success.
- Drive Innovation - Be bold and unconstrained in problem solving. Transform the industry.
- Embrace Learning - Engage our community to broaden our perspective. Bring a growth mindset.
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.