Insurance Technical Assistant (Gulfshore Insurance)
Acrisure is a fintech financial services leader and among the world’s top 10 insurance brokerages. Acrisure has grown from $38 million to more than $3.9 billion in revenue since 2013 and deploys the best of Human and Artificial Intelligence (AI) at scale to reimagine financial service product distribution. Acrisure employs over 14,000 employees across thirteen countries.
Led by co-founder, Chairman and CEO Greg Williams, Acrisure provides a broad array of insurance and financial related solutions, including commercial property and casualty, personal lines and employee benefits insurance, real estate services, cyber services and asset and wealth management. Acrisure’s massively valuable, high margin distribution network combines the strength of trusted advisors with growth and efficiency enabled by AI.
Here at Gulfshore Insurance, we believe a team that loves what they do, does it better! We are committed to creating a culture of individuals who are passionate and dedicated to their work and our clients. We cultivate a great work environment where our associates can excel. With that strong team basis, our commercial, employee benefits, and personal insurance services exist to protect and better the lives of our friends and neighbors.
Gulfshore Insurance, an Acrisure agency partner, has a current need for a full-time Commercial Lines Technical Assistant. This individual is responsible for policy data, processing policies, billing and issuing certain Certificates of Insurance for the Commercial Lines department as stated by agency guidelines and procedures, and will ensure accuracy of new data or existing data input into the automation system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Policy Data
- Update coverage information for renewals, new business, and/or endorsements for the Commercial Lines Department as stated by agency guidelines and procedures, and ensures accuracy of new data or existing data input into the automation system within established timeframes
- Process Policies/Policy Checking
- Process incoming renewals and new business by accurately invoicing premiums in accordance with agency accounting procedures, within established timeframes.
- Check declaration page for accuracy and notify Account Manager of any errors or deviations to avoid issues involving potential errors and omissions, within established timeframes
- Memo/Activity paperwork and attach to client record in Sagitta and Document Management System, within established timeframes
- Process Certificates of Insurance (as directed)
- Receive and process requests for Certificates of Insurance for Commercial Lines clients from email, fax and telephone requests
- Issue Certificates of Insurance to Commercial Lines clients in accordance with established procedures and service standards
- Ensure accuracy of information on Certificates of Insurance
- Forward completed Certificates of Insurance directly to Commercial Lines clients
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or the recognized equivalent in education and experience, required
- Previous customer relations experience preferred
- 440 insurance license may be required within 180 days of being in this position
- Some understanding of commercial lines coverages helpful, but not required
- Previous customer relations experience preferred. 440 insurance license may be required within 180 days of being in this position
- Able to work independently and enjoy a high degree of interaction with team members
- Ability to contribute to a collaborative environment by consistently demonstrating teamwork, high motivation, positive behavior and effort to achieve goals and objectives
- Self-motivated and driven
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret policy change requests and communicate the request clearly to the company
- Ability to accurately copy data from one source to another
- Effective communication skills (oral, written and telephone), strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to respond to requests effectively and efficiently.
- Maintain a sense of urgency and ability to work with and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication, including the ability actively listen, and problem solve with minimal assistance
- Demonstrates excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail and commitment to a high level of accuracy
- The ability to multitask, prioritize, work independently, and use discretion surrounding sensitive information
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and positive attitude
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office
- Workstations are cubicles with moderately high sides
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Acrisure is equally committed to supporting social issues. In 2021, the Company co-founded Evolution Advisors, a joint venture focused on providing greater access and more effectively distributing insurance products and financial services to minority-owned enterprises. In its home of Grand Rapids, Acrisure provided $15 million to create the Acrisure Center for Innovation in Children’s Health at Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital.
To Executive Search Firms & Staffing Agencies: Acrisure does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered Acrisure’s property, and Acrisure will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to Hiring Managers without contacting Acrisure’s Human Resources Talent Department.