Commercial Lines Account Manager
Acrisure New Jersey is seeking candidates for a Commercial Lines Account Manager. This position will be hybrid, based in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ.
Acrisure is a Fintech leader empowering businesses and consumers alike with unmatched financial solutions. The Company is headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and employs over 15,000 colleagues in 21 countries. It is distinguished by its dynamic culture, fast paced environment and determination to drive innovation at all levels of the business. Under the leadership of Co-founder, Chairman and CEO Greg Williams, Acrisure has grown from $38 million to more than $4 billion in revenue in just under ten years.
Acrisure connects clients to financial solutions through the best of humans and an AI platform. Acrisure’s products include Insurance, Reinsurance, Cyber Services, Mortgage Origination and more to over 1.3 million clients around the world.
Additionally, Acrisure is committed to social issues such as children’s health and DEI in financial services. Acrisure formed Evolution Advisors, a joint venture focused on providing access to financial services to minority-owned enterprises.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Update and maintain renewal lists and send renewal letters as requested.
- Communicate with both carriers and clients in a timely and professional manner.
- Review policies, endorsements, audits and other policy documents for accuracy.
- Process binders, certificates of insurance and all other policy information updates.
- Organize and prioritize workflow.
- Provide technical support to Producer; specifically in analyzing client needs, coverage forms and quotations.
- Accompany Producer on prospect and client meetings when requested.
- Actively seek referrals from current client base.
- Order and issue binders, certificates, policies, endorsements and other related items; verify accuracy and forward to client with appropriate correspondence.
- Determine reasons for requests for cancellations; act to save accounts; notify Producer according to agency standards.
- Actively solicit increase in coverage and rounds accounts through sales to clients; good documentation of all contacts.
- Refer current and prospective clients to Benefits Department and to Personal Insurance for solicitation of those lines of business.
- Assist clients with making coverage changes in an automated environment supported by transactional filing;
- Review client contracts for insurance requirements. Compare to policy to ensure contract complies. Discuss discrepancies with client and submit changes to carrier.
- Identify exposure to loss and recommend appropriate coverages in coordination with Producer.
- Prepare summaries of insurance, schedules and proposals as needed for account review.
- Request renewal quotes from insurance carrier, create renewal proposals and handles other renewal activities in coordination with the Producer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or the recognized equivalent is required.
- Must possess a current NJ Property & Casualty Insurance License (Must continue to meet Continuing Education requirements for license renewal).
- Minimum 3+ years of progressively responsible insurance experience.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, Adobe Acrobat, and Customer Database Programs (Applied/EPIC experience is helpful).
- Ability to perform typing duties with verbal and/or written direction; Strong multi-tasking, organizational, communication & grammatical skills.
- Ability to work independently of continuous supervision and achieve a high-level product within requested time constraints.
- Must be able to work as a team member to achieve department goals and overall company goals.
- Excellent customer service skills, including telephone and listening skills.
- A positive outlook and desire to learn and grow with us.
Acrisure is equally committed to supporting social issues. In 2021, the Company co-founded Evolution Advisors, a joint venture focused on providing greater access and more effectively distributing insurance products and financial services to minority-owned enterprises. In its home of Grand Rapids, Acrisure provided $15 million to create the Acrisure Center for Innovation in Children’s Health at Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital.
To Executive Search Firms & Staffing Agencies: Acrisure does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered Acrisure’s property, and Acrisure will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to Hiring Managers without contacting Acrisure’s Human Resources Talent Department.