Senior Claims Advocate
Acrisure New Jersey is seeking candidates for a Senior Claims Advocate based in our Hasbrouck Heights, NJ office.
Acrisure is a Fintech leader empowering businesses and consumers alike with unmatched financial solutions. The Company is headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and employs over 15,000 colleagues in 21 countries. It is distinguished by its dynamic culture, fast paced environment and determination to drive innovation at all levels of the business. Under the leadership of Co-founder, Chairman and CEO Greg Williams, Acrisure has grown from $38 million to more than $4 billion in revenue in just under ten years.
Acrisure connects clients to financial solutions through the best of humans and an AI platform. Acrisure’s products include Insurance, Reinsurance, Cyber Services, Mortgage Origination and more to over 1.3 million clients around the world.
Additionally, Acrisure is committed to social issues such as children’s health and DEI in financial services. Acrisure formed Evolution Advisors, a joint venture focused on providing access to financial services to minority-owned enterprises.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists clients of the agency in reporting and monitoring of commercial lines claims, which includes taking initial loss notice, getting loss notice to the appropriate insurance company, communicating with insured on adjuster assignment, tracking claims payments, and following the claim until closed by the insurance company.
- Conducts initial reviews of claims for any coverage questions, reviews any denial of coverage for accuracy and acts as a liaison between insured and insurance company adjuster.
- Serves as contact for Adjuster and Insured for claims related issues.
- Refers complex coverage questions to Risk Manager
- Secures loss runs from carriers as requested.
- Prepares claims information for presentations as requested.
- Resolves customer claim issues in coordination with Account Executives and Producers in order to reduce E&O exposure.
- Provides claims packets to customers and prospects as requested.
- Reads policy forms, understanding coverage and questioning carriers when necessary
- Evaluates and challenges claim reserves in accord with industry and claim specific knowledge
- Cooperates with counsel for suit or trial
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- HS Diploma or recognized equivalent
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- NJ Property & Casualty Insurance License.
- Must continue to meet Continuing Education requirements for license renewal.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, Adobe Acrobat, and Customer Database Programs (Applied/EPIC experience is helpful).
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational, communication & grammatical skills.
- Ability to work independently of continuous supervision and achieve a high-level product within requested time constraints.
- Must be able to work as a team member to achieve department goals and overall company goals.
- Excellent customer service skills, including telephone and listening skills.
- A positive outlook and desire to learn and grow with us.
Acrisure is equally committed to supporting social issues. In 2021, the Company co-founded Evolution Advisors, a joint venture focused on providing greater access and more effectively distributing insurance products and financial services to minority-owned enterprises. In its home of Grand Rapids, Acrisure provided $15 million to create the Acrisure Center for Innovation in Children’s Health at Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital.
To Executive Search Firms & Staffing Agencies: Acrisure does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered Acrisure’s property, and Acrisure will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to Hiring Managers without contacting Acrisure’s Human Resources Talent Department.