Sr IT Infrastructure Engineer, Cloud DevOps
Title: Sr IT Infrastructure Engineer, Cloud DevOps
Department: Information Technology
Location: Remote, Hybrid
Acrisure is a fintech leader that operates one of the world’s top 10 insurance brokerages. Acrisure has grown from $38 million to more than $3 billion in revenue since 2013 and deploys the best of Human and Artificial Intelligence (AI) at scale to reimagine financial service product distribution. Acrisure employs over 12,000 employees globally.
Led by co-founder, CEO and President Greg Williams, Acrisure provides a broad array of insurance and financial related solutions, including commercial property and casualty, personal lines and employee benefits insurance, asset management, real estate services, and cyber services. Acrisure’s massively valuable, high margin distribution network combines the strength of trusted advisors with growth and efficiency enabled by AI.
Acrisure is the fastest growing insurance brokerage firm in the U.S. with nearly 600 Agency Partner locations globally. We are a committed network of entrepreneurs dedicated to providing specialty insurance programs, risk management services and unique products for an ever-growing market. Our team is comprised of innovative, talented individuals who are the driving force of the success we have experienced and continue to achieve in this fast-paced industry.
As a member of our engineering team, you will play a crucial role in designing, implementing and managing our multi-cloud infrastructure to ensure seamless deployment and continuous integration of our software applications and services. Additionally, knowledge and experience with AI and ML technologies will be valuable in supporting the development and deployment of AI-driven solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Your daily focus will consist of managing multiple in-flight efforts centered around solution design and delivery.
- You will support, implement, and oversee initiatives of all sizes. You will play an instrumental role in the design of Acrisure's multi-cloud solutions, collaborating cross-functionally with technology architects.
- Design, implement, and manage cloud infrastructure solutions primarily on Azure, and to a lesser extent, AWS and GCP that align with application requirements for lift and shift projects and full application refactoring.
- Collaborate with software developers and system administrators to provide infrastructure support in a modern cloud environment, including Azure Virtual Machines, Azure Functions, Azure App Services, Azure Logic Apps, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), and more.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure-as-code (IaC) using tools such as Terraform, ARM templates, CloudFormation, and Deployment Manager.
- Automate and streamline deployment, configuration, and monitoring processes to achieve efficient and reliable software delivery.
- Implement and manage CI/CD pipelines using tools like Azure DevOps, Jenkins, or GitLab CI/CD.
- Stay updated with the latest industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in cloud infrastructure, DevOps, AI, and ML domains.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to drive innovation and improve overall engineering processes.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior engineers and team members.
- Contribute to documentation and knowledge sharing efforts.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Proven experience as a DevOps Engineer or Cloud Infrastructure Engineer, with a focus on Azure.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience with Azure services, including but not limited to Azure Functions, Azure Cognitive Services, and Azure App Services.
- Familiarity with AWS and GCP services and the ability to leverage them effectively in a multi-cloud environment.
- Proficiency in scripting languages (e.g., PowerShell, Bash, Python) for infrastructure automation and orchestration.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code (IaC) tools like Terraform, ARM templates, CloudFormation, or Deployment Manager.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD concepts and experience with related tools like Azure DevOps, Jenkins, or GitLab CI/CD.
- Knowledge of networking principles, security best practices, and experience implementing them in cloud environments.
- Understanding of AI and ML technologies, frameworks, and platforms, with the ability to support AI/ML workload deployments in a cloud environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve complex technical issues.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively within a team environment.
- Relevant certifications such as Azure certifications (e.g., Azure Solutions Architect, Azure DevOps Engineer) and AI/ML certifications are a plus.
Acrisure is equally committed to supporting social issues. In 2021, the Company co-founded Evolution Advisors, a joint venture focused on providing greater access and more effectively distributing insurance products and financial services to minority-owned enterprises. In its home of Grand Rapids, Acrisure provided $15 million to create the Acrisure Center for Innovation in Children’s Health at Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital.
To Executive Search Firms & Staffing Agencies: Acrisure does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered Acrisure’s property, and Acrisure will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to Hiring Managers without contacting Acrisure’s Human Resources Talent Department.