Security Consultant, Technical/$15,000 Sign On Bonus (USIS)
USIS Consults, LLC is looking to hire a Security Consultant who will provide services, on our behalf, as a Security Analyst within the technical unit for our client who is a large Workers’ Compensation Insurer in CA.
$15k sign on bonus if hired directly and not referred by a recruiter, payable after 90 days of successful employment. Recruiters are encouraged to reach out with candidates as well to Donna Burke
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Perform analytical technical security functions such as security incident or forensics analysis response duties
- Assist with reviewing various security related reports and providing improvement in the security processes and procedures
- Assist with Information Security audit remediation and pretesting based on security best practices and controls
- Assist with other security and compliance related initiatives and reviews
Assist in updating/developing existing/new policies, training materials, website, procedures, controls, reports, dashboards etc.
Assist in the evaluation of security risk assessments
- Assist with the implementation of the GRC tool
- Assist with Information Security Business Continuity Plan/Disaster Recovery Data Assessment documentation/planning
- Attend meetings/Represent Information Security for all security matters
- Act as Lead/Co-Lead/Backup on assigned Information Security projects
- Knowledge transfer to and training of employees
- Other duties such as assist with Security Awareness including phishing campaign efforts
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- 5+ years of extensive experience in security incident investigations and response
- 5+ years of experience with network and log analysis
- 5+ Experience with Host and Network Forensics
- Must have CISSP Certification
TECHNCIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Hardware: network switches, routers, load balancers, servers, storage systems
- Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, Windows
- Network: LAN, WAN, Internet, Proxy/Filtering, Firewall, VPN, DMZ
- Network Protocols such as TCP/IP, SNMP, SMTP, NTP, DNS, LDAP, NFS, Samba, etc
- Active Directory
- Vulnerability Assessments
- Secure Software Development Lifecycle
- Penetration Testing
- Mainframe DB2
- Oracle databases
- Best Practices Standards: ISO 27001/27002, PCI:DSS v3; GLBA; HIPPA/HITECH; NIST 800-53; California State Administrative Manual.
- Experience of Forensics, Threat Intelligence, and Security Incidents
- Excellent communication, technical writing, and customer service skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate complex or technical information in layman’s terms to outside units including senior management of the client
- Ability and willingness to multitask (example: working on security incident response tickets, security projects, and answering security inquiries)
- Ability to research, provide recommendations, and respond timely (until work is done, this may require working over their regular work hours)
- Experience transferring technical knowledge to team members in this unit
As a consultant, it is expected that you will make every effort to provide the highest quality of services in the shortest time frame possible with effective and efficient transfer knowledge to the employees of the client. You should be a self-learner who can work with minimum supervision, training, and/or support.
Pay Details:Hourly: $75 - $85
Acrisure is equally committed to supporting social issues. In 2021, the Company co-founded Evolution Advisors, a joint venture focused on providing greater access and more effectively distributing insurance products and financial services to minority-owned enterprises. In its home of Grand Rapids, Acrisure provided $15 million to create the Acrisure Center for Innovation in Children’s Health at Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital.
To Executive Search Firms & Staffing Agencies: Acrisure does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered Acrisure’s property, and Acrisure will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to Hiring Managers without contacting Acrisure’s Human Resources Talent Department.