Special Projects & Center of Excellence (COE) Manager
Job Title: Special Projects & Center of Excellence (COE) Manager
Department: Acrisure Information Technology
Location: Onsite (Grand Rapids, MI), Hybrid, Remote
Acrisure is a fast-growing fintech leader that operates a global insurance broker. The Company has grown from $38 million to $3.9 billion in revenue since 2013 and deploys the best of Human and Artificial Intelligence (AI) at scale to reimagine financial service product distribution. Acrisure employs over 14,000 employees across thirteen countries.
Led by co-founder, Chairman and CEO Greg Williams, Acrisure provides a broad array of insurance and financial related solutions, including commercial property and casualty, personal lines and employee benefits insurance, real estate services, cyber services and asset and wealth management. Acrisure’s massively valuable, high margin distribution network combines the strength of trusted advisors with growth and efficiency enabled by AI.
The IT Manager – Special Projects, Finance & Accounting (the Manager) is a strategic member of the Acrisure IT leadership team. Leading in the planning, design and implementation of digital transformation strategy and related projects within Enterprise Applications. This role is responsible for the Enterprise Applications business and system analysts supporting Accounting and Finance business functions. The Manager is expected to build strong relationships with the leaders within Accounting, Finance, Treasury and Vendor Payables. The Manager is expected to collaborate with the other IT and Enterprise Application managers in supporting the Special Projects team in the planning, designing and execution of process improvements, implementation of business solutions and providing best-in-class services.
- Responsible for implementation of ERP, EPM and best of breed business applications and modules for Finance and Accounting
- Team up with subject matter experts to define and realize functionality that provides operational improvements
- Serve as the point of escalation for any process and solution issues related to finance and accounting business functions across the enterprise
- Serve as an architect for design and configuration resources to ensure successful implementation of new functionality and/or processes within project timelines
- Lead configuration testing efforts and help the team to configure and test integrations between ERP, EPM and best of breed business applications
- Exhibit servant leadership, provide resources, development and growth opportunities and remove blockers for team members and teams
- Develop relationships and actively collaborate with stakeholders
- Understand business needs and translate into IT deliverables
- Support discussions and facilitate cross-team decision making
- Ensure exemplary performance and reliability of IT solutions
- Drive continuous improvement to drive effectiveness and efficiency
- Lead the execution of respective Enterprise Application roadmaps across key business functions using agile methodologies
- Identify and qualify vendors to leverage in the implementation of respective roadmaps and manages respective performance
- Deliver reports for finance and accounting business functions
- Obtain a deep understanding of the accounting, finance, and tax departments to be able to recommend solutions and build high-quality requirements.
- Use a variety of techniques to understand business requirements, such as interviews, workshops, surveys, site visits, and storyboards.
- Shape business requirements by making recommendations and suggesting alternatives to proposed solutions.
- Understand technical options, limitations, costs, and risks within the company’s accounting and finance applications. Communicate tradeoffs to accounting and finance partners and work with them to shape requirements accordingly.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into clear, detailed technical requirements.
- Work with the accounting and finance team to prioritize requirements.
- Help resolve competing priorities between stakeholder groups by facilitating stakeholder discussions and escalate issues where appropriate.
- Manage requirements scoping throughout the delivery process.
- Identify and assist in prioritizing opportunities to streamline business processes.
- Promote a collaborative team environment and provide mentorship to junior-level analysts.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- 5-10 years of ERP application management experience
- Experience with implementation and optimization of ERP, EPM and best-of-breed business applications for Finance and Accounting
- Professional, organized, and strong communicator
- Familiarity with SDLC, Agile Methodology and change management process preferred
- Experience with Workday Financials, Adaptive Planning, QuickBooks or other finance and accounting business applications, ERP and/or EPM preferred
- Experience in SQL databases and data mining preferred
- Ability to quickly learn new technology and business applications
- High PC skills including experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint
- Have passion to learn, develop and grow
- Able to work independently and enjoy a high degree of interaction with team members
- Ability to contribute to a collaborative environment by consistently demonstrating teamwork, high motivation, positive behavior, and effort to achieve goals and objectives
- Self-motivated and driven
- Maintain a sense of urgency and ability to work with and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication, including the ability to actively listen, and problem solve with minimal assistance
- Demonstrates excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail and commitment to a high level of accuracy
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, work independently, and use discretion surrounding sensitive information
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and positive attitude
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Compensation
- Industry Leading Healthcare
- Savings and Investments
- Charitable Giving Programs
- Offering hybrid work option
- Opportunities for Growth
- Educational Resources
- Generous time away
Acrisure is equally committed to supporting social issues. In 2021, the Company co-founded Evolution Advisors, a joint venture whose Founding Partners include Acrisure, Russell Wilson and Ciara, and Russell Westbrook. The venture focuses on providing greater access and more effectively distributing insurance products and financial services to minority-owned enterprises. Additionally, in its home of Grand Rapids, Acrisure provided $15 million to create the Acrisure Center for Innovation in Children’s Health at Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital.
Acrisure is equally committed to supporting social issues. In 2021, the Company co-founded Evolution Advisors, a joint venture focused on providing greater access and more effectively distributing insurance products and financial services to minority-owned enterprises. In its home of Grand Rapids, Acrisure provided $15 million to create the Acrisure Center for Innovation in Children’s Health at Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital.
To Executive Search Firms & Staffing Agencies: Acrisure does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered Acrisure’s property, and Acrisure will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to Hiring Managers without contacting Acrisure’s Human Resources Talent Department.