Senior Accountant-Corporate Accounting Strategy and Compliance
Job Title: Senior Accountant – Corporate Accounting Strategy & Compliance
Department: Corporate Accounting – Strategy & Compliance
Location: Studio Park Corporate HQ in Grand Rapids, MI
Acrisure is a fast-growing fintech leader that operates a global insurance broker. The Company has grown from $38 million to $3.9 billion in revenue since 2013 and deploys the best of Human and Artificial Intelligence (AI) at scale to reimagine financial service product distribution. Acrisure employs over 14,000 employees across thirteen countries.
Led by co-founder, Chairman and CEO Greg Williams, Acrisure provides a broad array of insurance and financial related solutions, including commercial property and casualty, personal lines and employee benefits insurance, real estate services, cyber services and asset and wealth management. Acrisure’s massively valuable, high margin distribution network combines the strength of trusted advisors with growth and efficiency enabled by AI.
The Senior Accountant – Corporate Accounting - Strategy & Compliance will be responsible for assisting the Corporate Accounting Strategy and Compliance team’s various responsibilities and projects. Duties will include providing assistance in, 1) developing and implementing accounting strategy and policies, 2) review of monthly financial statements from various business verticals (agency accounting, real estate, cyber and others) as part of the consolidation process, 3) maintaining Best-in-Class internal controls, guiding the integration of different accounting systems within the business segment of Acrisure Partners into the corporate ERP, and 4) ensuring compliance with monthly close, variance analysis and internal control processes. The Senior Accountant of Corporate Accounting Strategy & Compliance will be an integral part of the Acrisure corporate accounting team.
- The ultimate responsibility for this position is to assist in ensuring the period financial results received from Acrisure Partners are in compliance with US GAAP.
- Serve as a liaison on various accounting matters related to Acrisure Partners working closely with Business Services or directly with the Acrisure Partner accounting team.
- Prepare certain month-end journal entries and other analysis as part of the closing procedures as required within the Corporate Accounting ledger
- Assist with the Oversight process of the monthly close process and assisting the review of the financial statements (balance sheet, income statement compared to budget) by the Corporate Accounting team.
- Assist in evaluation, development and maintenance of accounting strategy, processes and policies for a single Acrisure Partners
- Assist in the Interface with other third-party accounting and consulting firms related to quality of earnings, opening balance sheet preparation and other regular and periodic analysis.
- Assist in identifying and implementing appropriate modifications to the Company’s financial internal control structure while maintaining appropriate local decision making and operations for Acrisure Partners
- Work closely with Company’s FP&A team in regard to accounting, reporting, analysis and developments related to Acrisure Partners
- Embrace a culture of continuous improvement developing strategies to maximize efficiencies and unlock capacity. Overall provide prompt, accurate, courteous, “best in class” service to agency partners, insurance companies, leadership team and all staff.
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
- Ability to work independently and contribute to a collaborative environment by consistently demonstrating teamwork, high motivation, positive behavior and effort to achieve goals and objectives.
- Strong and effective written and verbal skills
- Strong analytical, attention to detail, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to operate independently and manage competing priorities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, strong organizational skills
- Ability and focus to building exceptional relationships within the Company through strong interpersonal skills
- Technical skills to include:
- General understanding of GAAP
- Ability to research accounting issues with guidance
- Strong proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and general ledger/reporting systems
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, CPA preferred
- 2-5 years related accounting experience including auditing, industry accounting or closing activities.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Compensation
- Industry Leading Healthcare
- Savings and Investments
- Charitable Giving Programs
- Offering hybrid work option
- Opportunities for Growth
- Educational Resources
- Generous time away
Acrisure is equally committed to supporting social issues. In 2021, the Company co-founded Evolution Advisors, a joint venture focused on providing greater access and more effectively distributing insurance products and financial services to minority-owned enterprises. In its home of Grand Rapids, Acrisure provided $15 million to create the Acrisure Center for Innovation in Children’s Health at Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital.
To Executive Search Firms & Staffing Agencies: Acrisure does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered Acrisure’s property, and Acrisure will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to Hiring Managers without contacting Acrisure’s Human Resources Talent Department.