Director of Product Management
At Acorns we look after the financial best interest of the up-and-coming. We are innovators. We make bold decisions. We stay curious, inspiring one another to push past all previous thresholds of possibility. We are one team and are building a diverse community of team members, partners, and customers from all walks of life to foster creativity, challenge conventional thinking, and put the tools of wealth-making in everyone’s hands.
We are looking for missionaries who are rooted in purpose, to join our team. We can achieve our goals if we are a team of missionaries working toward a shared purpose and mission.
Our mission? With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering, proud step of micro-investing.
How do we accomplish our mission? Our values.
Lead With Heart
With compassion, integrity, and tenacity, inspire yourself and others to move past all previous thresholds of possibility
Make Bold Decisions
We are creating a new world. Be optimistic, adventurous, and courageous. Leap fearlessly into the future
Always Build Trust
Say what you mean, mean what you say, and do what you say you’re going to do. We are all owners. We are one team
Never Stop Growing
Change IS the constant. Stay hungry and curious. Be relentless in the pursuit of progress
Find a way
Never settle, no excuses, nothing is impossible. Just make it happen
Our values guide us, and our mission drives us.
Come join us and help deliver financial wellness for the whole family, creating compound growth at every life stage.
Director of Product Management | Acorns
Acorns is seeking a Director of Product Management to oversee the strategy and execution of our Banking products roadmap and help achieve our goal of becoming a money manager for everyday people and families. Reporting to the Sr. Director of Product Management, you will be responsible for the Banking products roadmap and building a money manager for everyday people and families. You will work with cross-functional teams to bring this vision to life.
We are a team of creative, curious, solutions-oriented people and seek out these qualities in everyone we hire. You should have deep empathy for our customers, the ability to deliver results in an analytical, collaborative and fast-paced environment and demonstrate a proven track record of building world-class, customer-facing product solutions in the financial technology (fintech) industry.
This role has the option to be remote or based in our Irvine or New York offices.
- Lead the Banking products roadmap and help spearhead the creation of a money manager for everyday people and families that promotes healthy saving and investing habits
- Bring innovative ideas and the latest technology to develop a more personalized experience for millions of Acorns customers
- Lead and develop a high-performing team of product managers, providing strategic guidance and opportunities for growth
- Collaborate with teammates from design, engineering and other disciplines to execute and deliver against goals and roadmap
- Utilize data, insights, instincts, and experimentation to drive product decisions, aligning team objectives with company vision and goals
- Define high-level requirements, success metrics and long-term strategic plans for the business unit
What you will bring to Acorns:
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, engineering, psychology, economics, or other similar fields
- 10+ years of consumer-facing product management experience in the financial technology (fintech) industry
- 5+ years of experience leading teams, hiring, building, and scaling teams including individual contributors and managers
- Proven track record of developing long-term strategic product planning including product roadmaps, annual plans for a business unit, and new product lines and customer segments
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and analyzing market and competitive research to understand customer behavior, product satisfaction, and emerging business opportunities.
- Strong experience developing business case justification for new products/services or material changes in current products/services
- Ability to translate product strategies and new product ideas into detailed requirements. Define high-level requirements that encompass the entire customer experience
- Experience with strategies that drive business growth, including acquisition and retention
- Be curious, willing to learn, and stay current on industry trends, including technology, business practices, new opportunities, competitor capabilities, etc.
- Believe that nothing is impossible and proactively identify and resolve strategic issues to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals
- History of being courageous and a willingness to take calculated risks in pursuit of our mission
You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionate about Acorns' mission, vision, and values, please apply.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible work hours, location, and paid time off
- 401k discretionary match
- Monthly Acorns account contribution & GoHenry account for your family
- Wellness Days - Company-wide quarterly days off to rest + recharge
- Mindfulness, Mental Health, and Financial Wellness resources: Headspace, Ginger, and Addition Wealth are offered at no cost to you
- Acorns Career Development Program (Monthly Acorns to Oaks training sessions, development plans, quarterly development check-ins, Cornerstone’s online training platform)
- Roots Leadership Program for emerging leaders
- Monthly community celebrations, events, panel discussions, and speakers
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission, and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is how everyday consumers save & invest for the long term. By putting the tools of wealth-making in everyone's hands, Acorns has become the largest subscription service in global consumer finance, serving 6 million everyday subscribers. Customers get automated investing in diversified portfolios built with help from experts. Acorns easy retirement account allows customers to invest in their future in minutes, with no expertise required. To help everyone spend smarter, Acorns introduced banking that invests with every swipe, and cash-forward rewards. Every day consumers can invest in their kids and get money news they can use, all from the same app. And now, kids can learn money skills with Acorn’s kids' app, GoHenry, in the US and UK while teens can do the same in France, Italy, and Spain with PixPay. To date, customers have saved and invested almost $20 billion with Acorns, much of it in spare change. From acorns, mighty oaks do grow!
Commitment to a diverse community:
Acorns is committed to building a diverse community of customers, partners, and team members. We believe that fostering diversity not only fuels creativity but also challenges conventional thinking and helps us properly represent the unique experience of the everyday consumer that we serve.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $232,335 and $258,150/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, equity grants, and discretionary cash bonus awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.