Technical Program Manager
Technical Program Manager | Acorns
Acorns is seeking a Technical Program Manager to partner with the Engineering and Product teams to initiate and deliver core projects and feature developments that support the continued innovation of Acorns as a revolutionary financial wellness system.
As a Technical Program Manager at Acorns you will manage legacy products as well as planning for future products. In partnership with engineering and product teams, you will manage system software aspects and cross-functional dependencies of product development and launch.
This role has the option to be remote or based in our Irvine, CA or New York, NY offices.
You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionately about Acorns' mission, vision and values, please apply.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Introduce yourself to team members, stakeholders, and collaborators you will be working with
- Become familiar with our product, particularly the features you’ll be working closely with
- Learn about our roadmap and our structure for executing it
- Become familiar with your team’s process for delivering projects and features
- Learn about our ongoing process improvements and discover how you can contribute
- Begin leading the delivery and execution of your team’s projects
Within 3 month, you will:
- Collaborate closely with Business and Engineering teams to properly understand the business case and technical constraints; define and deliver strategic projects
- Partner with software development teams on scoping, requirement gathering, technical design, implementation, launch phases, and production incident support
- Manage delivery schedules and emergent tasks while mitigating risks, managing trade offs, and eliminating blockers
Within 6 month, you will:
- Directly manage all steps of project delivery, focusing on project deadlines and providing strategic insight to potential risk or delays
- Provide visibility to senior stakeholders on risks, blockers and dependencies
- Work with Engineering to assess process needs and identify and implement frameworks, tools, and practices that elevate team’s capabilities
What you will bring to Acorns:
- 5+ years of of project or product management experience; ideally in software product delivery for iOS and Android
- Ability to apply and advocate for a variety of Agile development frameworks and practices (e.g. Scrum, Kanban), and the ability and flexibility to adapt them to fit team and product environment
- Experience defining software processes that improve execution
- Experience applying Lean principles in a technology-driven product environment
- Ability to dive deep into technical details with software developers
- Exercise sound judgment evaluating functional and technical priorities
- Capable of effectively managing multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products
- Exceptional drive and precision in delivery
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is how everyday consumers save & invest for the long term. To date, customers have invested over $15 billion with Acorns, much of it in spare change. By putting the tools of wealth-making in everyone's hands, Acorns has become the largest subscription service in U.S. consumer finance, serving over 10 million everyday Americans. Customers get automated investing in diversified portfolios, a simple retirement product, a bank account that helps people spend less to invest more, and bonus investments from 20k brands. Plus, everyday Americans can easily invest in their kids and get money news they can use, all from the same app. From acorns, mighty oaks do grow!
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
Commitment to a diverse community:
Acorns is committed to building a diverse community of customers, partners, and team members. We believe that fostering diversity not only fuels creativity, but also challenges conventional thinking and helps us properly represent the unique experience of the everyday consumer that we serve.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $145,464 and $161,626/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, equity grants, and discretionary cash bonus awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.