Writer | Acorns
Acorns is seeking a writer to join our education team. Alongside a growing team of editors and writers, you’ll concept and write educational financial content, including video and audio scripts, articles, news bulletins, financial literacy courses, and short-form and in-app copy. We're looking for someone with an interest and background in personal finance, who can cut through the jargon to write clear, relatable, and empowering copy for a broad audience.
This role has the option to be remote or based in our Irvine, CA or New York, NY offices.
You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionately about Acorns' mission, vision and values, please apply.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Embrace our mission to look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming
- Understand our brand, values, and story
- Meet and develop partnerships with cross-functional stakeholders, such as customer support, customer research, product, communications, and brand and marketing
- Start to write content, including video and audio scripts, articles, financial literacy courses, and short-form and in-app copy
Within 3 months, you will:
- Write a steady flow of educational content as assigned by the Managing Editor
- Proactively identify and contribute to workflow improvements and build templates for new content types
- Partner with our Senior Writer and cross-functional departments to define, develop, and launch new content types
Within 6 months, you will:
- Collaborate closely with partners in product and brand and marketing to identify opportunities to include and optimize educational content
- Leverage data insights and performance metrics to iterate on and optimize content
What you will bring to Acorns:
- 3+ years of experience writing consumer-facing financial education content
- A background in personal finance and a passion for educating and empowering your readers
- A strong portfolio of your written work, ideally across multiple formats
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A sharp eye for detail and the ability to self-edit
- A thirst for delivering game-changing products
- Exceptional drive and precision in delivery
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission
- Optimism about the potential of societal change
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is how everyday consumers save & invest for the long term. To date, customers have invested over $15 billion with Acorns, much of it in spare change. By putting the tools of wealth-making in everyone's hands, Acorns has become the largest subscription service in U.S. consumer finance, serving over 10 million everyday Americans. Customers get automated investing in diversified portfolios, a simple retirement product, a bank account that helps people spend less to invest more, and bonus investments from 20k brands. Plus, everyday Americans can easily invest in their kids and get money news they can use, all from the same app. From acorns, mighty oaks do grow!
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Acorns believes diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental obligations that strengthen our team. We need a diverse, multi-disciplinary team to build a meaningful company and culture.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $60,000 and $76,703/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, equity grants, and discretionary cash bonus awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Something looks off?